Friday, February 1, 2008

Mr. Happy

My bubble anemone is reaching massive proportions. Its disc is about 8 inches in diameter during the day. Most evenings it shrinks down into a little ball no larger than a baseball. Its foot is firmly planted on the bottom of a piece of rock. Its shaft extends about 8 inches from the foot to its disc. And thats no exagerated guy measurement either. Its simply massive. I had to move my rock with the star polyps because the disc of the anemone was regularly covering the rock.


The tentacles don't have the bubbles at the tips but I've read that metal halide lighting or a hosting clown fish may be required for the anemone to develop the bubbles. Everything else about the anemone looks healthy to me. But hey, what do I know? I've been in this hobby for only 3 months.

Bubble anemone



Bubble Anemone and Peppermint Shrimp