Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Torch is Lit but the Firefish are Hiding

Friday on the way home from work I stopped at Beyond the Reef in Schaumburg. My sister and Brother-in-law gave my a gift certificate for Christmas and it was burning a hole in my wallet. To put out the fire I purchased a Torch Coral frag. Here it is burning away in my tank.


I also purchased two Firefish. I can't publish my own photo here because they are in hiding. They were out and about for the first evening I put them in. However, I didn't see them yesterday until about 1:30 in the afternoon. Until I saw the first one I thought they had died. Perhaps prey to a Mantis Shrimp. I watched them bolt under a rock right at the substrate. They are still there. I occasionally see their heads emerge from their retreat. When they did come out yesterday they were chased around a bit. The Yellow Tang and Royal Gramma seemed to harass them the most.