Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday - New Fish

I heard about a reef store about 45 minutes away so my wife and I took a trip up to Sho Tank in Mundeline, IL. What a great store. A great selection of fish and corals.

Here is what I bought:

A male Lyretail Anthias


A Blue Jaw Trigger. I'm assured that this is reef safe. It spent its first full day in hiding. It finally came out briefly to check out the tank.




This trigger is huge. It is 5 or 6 inches long. Despite its size it is extremely shy and is easily spooked. It doesn't like to stay out for long.

I also bought a Radiant Wrasse. After I introduced it it disappeared into the sand and I haven't seen it yet.

Finally, although not a fish, I bought a maze brain. I've been looking for one for months with no luck. This store must have had 4 or 5 of them. I bought one of the smaller ones. It fluoresces nicely under the actinics.