My green birdsnest and a nearby millie have oh been taking off lately. The tips of a branch of each finally got very close and the birdsnest lost the war. Sunday morning I noticed the polyps on the affected branch of the birdsnest were not extended and the branch was discolored.
I moved the millie immediately after this picture was taken.
Today, two days later, the birdsnest looked like this.
A small portion of the branch had died. I'm not sure if this is RTN or what. I decided I wasn't going to take any chances and fragged off the affected branch to prevent the RTN from spreading further. If I waited longer an the RTN spread I would have had to frag apart the colony.
I cut off the living sections of the branch and superglued them to a plug. Hopefully this will be the end of this. I'm not sure if the anemone in the powerhead exacerbated this or what but I would not have expected to lose a branch due to a coral war.
dreams of snow pond...
6 years ago