It was labeled as a Merulina rather than a Platygyra. The latter is the maze brain. This was the closest thing to a maze brain that I've seen in a store. I looked at a coral book in the store and it didn't look anything like a Merulina in the book so I bought it. I'm hoping that it does turn out to be a maze brain and gets the nice round shape. Only time will tell.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
The Man With Two Brains
I've been wanting a maze brain coral for months. I've never seen them in any of the LFSs in my area so I was starting to to look online. Yesterday I came across this at a LFS.


It was labeled as a Merulina rather than a Platygyra. The latter is the maze brain. This was the closest thing to a maze brain that I've seen in a store. I looked at a coral book in the store and it didn't look anything like a Merulina in the book so I bought it. I'm hoping that it does turn out to be a maze brain and gets the nice round shape. Only time will tell.
It was labeled as a Merulina rather than a Platygyra. The latter is the maze brain. This was the closest thing to a maze brain that I've seen in a store. I looked at a coral book in the store and it didn't look anything like a Merulina in the book so I bought it. I'm hoping that it does turn out to be a maze brain and gets the nice round shape. Only time will tell.