Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

It's been really busy at home lately so I haven't been able to post regularly. Here is a quick update.

The Pom Pom Xenia is still in the process of splitting. Unfortunately, it isn't looking that great. It is starting to shrink a little. The polyps are much smaller than they once were and the stalks are a little shorter than they were a couple weeks ago at its peak. I did a water change last week in hopes that things would get better. I haven't really seen an improvement yet though. I'll do another water change this weekend. Here is what it looks like today, May 14th.



Here is how it looked one week ago on May 7th. Look how the polyps were so much bigger. This is bad Dory.

I also added carbon to my filters to see if this would make an improvement. So far I haven't seen any change.

In other news my Toadstool leather is always flopped over in the morning but then straightens up during the day. This didn't start happening until I added the Colt coral. Interestingly it leans exactly in the opposite direction of the Colt as if it is trying to get away from it. I know that the soft corals use chemical warfare against SPS corals but I didn't think that this affected different soft corals. I added carbon over the weekend to clean up any chemical toxins just in case. As of yet I have seen no change. Maybe it just likes to lean over to sleep. It looks totally fine during the day and molts every few days.